Sterling silver is a popular material used in jewellery making due to its beauty and durability. It is an alloy composed of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. This mixture creates a strong and durable metal that is easy to work with and can be molded into various shapes and designs. One of the lesser-known benefits of sterling silver is that it is hypoallergenic, which makes it an excellent choice for people with sensitive skin. Our guide walks you through the benefits of hypoallergenic sterling silver.
Hypoallergenic materials are those that do not cause an allergic reaction in most people. Many people experience allergic reactions to certain metals, such as nickel or brass, which can cause redness, itching, and rashes. Sterling silver, on the other hand, is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction, making it a popular choice for those with sensitive skin.
Sterling silver is a non-reactive metal, meaning it does not react with bodily fluids or skin. This is important because many people's skin can react to metals that are reactive, causing irritation and discomfort. Sterling silver is also nickel-free, which is a common allergen found in many other metals. This means that it is less likely to cause a reaction, even in those who have severe allergies.
1. Enjoy High Quality Materials - sterling silver is a high quality hypoallergenic metal that creates stunning bracelets and necklaces, perfect as a centrepiece to your ensembles.
2. Avoid Rashes - the hypoallergenic nature of sterling silver means that allergic reactions such as rashes can be avoided when wearing it.
3. Long Lasting - Sterling silver is a durable metal that can withstand daily wear and tear. It is also easy to maintain and clean, making it a popular choice for jewellery that is worn regularly. With proper care, sterling silver jewellery can last a lifetime, making it a great investment.